Meet code requirements with fire resistive ceiling assemblies
You can download our Certificate of Test for Early Fire Hazard Properties of Materials for Australia.
- Include specially formulated ceilings in a variety of textures
- Are the only Armstrong products approved for UL assemblies
- Even include specially designed suspension systems
Local building codes, which require fire-safe construction for many building applications rely on two ratings to evaluate compliance:
- Flame spread rating of a material
- Fire-resistance rating of a construction assembly
These ratings are based on ASTM standards, and compliance is determined by several independent, nongovernmental testing services
such as Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. Flame spread and fire-resistance ratings are two separate issues, and they must be
addressed independently in selection and specification.
Armstrong Fire Guard products: Fire resistive ceiling when used in applicable UL assemblies, for more information, please refer to ANSI/UL 263 – ASTM E119 and NFPA 251)
The icon identifying Armstrong Fire Guard ceilings.